Thursday, April 28, 2011

Me

I am a figment of my own imagination; a thoughtful creation in my own mind. I drink too much coffee. I spend too much time doing what I’m told and not enough time doing what I want. I drive too fast. I feel sympathetic to any type of animal, except for snakes, which I despise. I cry when I watch pedigree commercials and animal cops. I like to watch cartoons because you don’t have to think to know what is going on. I like to drive around at night with the windows rolled down and the heat on my feet. I drive shoeless and only with my big toe. I dream of a bigger existence than I have. I am not afraid of death, though I think of it often. I talk with a lisp. I stick my tongue out when I smile. I have a scar of a smiley face on my forearm. I want to learn another language. I want to live in other places. I want to get married to someone who I would want to grow old with. I will only marry once so I hope I get it right the first time. I don’t want to make compromises on what I believe. I hope someday to be as great of a mom as my sister is. I hope that one day I can look my parents’ in the eye and tell them I was happier without them. I hope that Lyndsie and I stay friends forever, just like our moms. I like to think that I make mostly good choices. I couldn’t imagine life without Gidget or Ziggy. I hope that I can always tell people how I feel. I wish I were more confident. I am afraid of never being able to figure out what I want to do with my life. I have a case of the Mondays, every day I have to work. I want to always see the world through the lens of a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment